Monday, January 25, 2010

ZOMBIELAND


Rule # 1
Cardio
Rule # 2
Beware of Bathrooms
Rule # 3
Wear your Seatbelts
Rule # 4
DoubleTap(MY FAVORITE)



I can't remember the last time I had such a guilty pleasure while watching a movie. Zombieland takes the evergreen genre of "Zombies", turns it on its head, and has a blast in almost each and every scene. Someone asked me what genre this movie belongs to. Made me think for 2 mins. I think it can best be described as an Action-Comedy. But its not for ones who dont like the gory stuff because thats one thing which is really in your face in the movie. The Zombies have never looked so disgusting in a movie before. There is some black blood kinda liquid and flesh of their snack hanging out of their mouth which made some folks sitting next to me scream more than once. Another thing I wondered was how did all these stuff snick around the Censor blade. Thank God it did.
Story is nothing more than a Road Trip in the ZombieClad America, but the subtle sarcasms and the comic timing made me laugh out loud a number of times.
And then there are GUNS. And different styles in which you can kill the zombies. Boy that was fun.
The Soundtrack of the movie was fantastic and in line with the events occurring in the movie. I have to get the OST.
There are only 4 characters in the movie and the one that stood out for me was Woody Harrelson. His John Wooish style to kill Zombies just made my day.
The success of this movie has prompted the announcement of ZombieLand2. But we'll have to wait for sometime for that. I just hope that the wait is not too long.

So for all those who still haven't watched this, try it in theaters. It's loads of fun.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The movie made nawab come back to blogging after 2 yrs !!! This surely is worth watching.

useless fellow said...

And I am ready to come for 2nd time with You. Ahh Those Guns :)