Sunday, July 8, 2007

MP3 - Mera Pehla Pehla Pyaar Review



No guys, I am not going to talk about my Pehla Pyaar. It was so long back that I don't even remember the girl's name. Well, not true completely but what the hell. Now lets talk about the movie.


I had read on Rediff that this movie was very nice and sweet so i thought about giving it a try. It's about a boy and a girl who are in a high school(yes high school, 12th and 11th to be precise). They meet, fall in love, have a fight, little drama, little filmy masala and nice bollywoodish climax. So what the hell is NEW here??


Let me tell you this. The movie actually surpassed my expectations. I didn't expect it to be such a sweet and funny movie. Actually I kind of felt nostalgic as my mind went back into the time to my high school days at St. Xaviers, and sorry to say this but it made me senti.

Ok Coming back to the movie. How is it different from the rest of the boy meets girl sagas. First of all the two lead actors are completely New. Very Fresh. Looked like they are still in high school. But they played their characters so naturally and with such an efficiancy that I have to say to them just this. Kudos guys. I hope they give the Best Debut Actor, both male and female, to this two. But I am afraid its already decided who is going to get the Best Debut as a Male. Surroooor anyone??

Back to the movie. The story is not that Original but the treatment definitely is. The screenplay and the direction have been done with some nice thinking. This is Robby Grewal's second movie after Samay, and boy has he improved. I hope he makes another one very soon. I will keep an eye on that.


Now the actors. The male lead played by Ruslaan Mumtaz(weird name huh), son of bollywood heroes ki maa Anjana Mumtaz, is a boy to watch out for. His comic timing is awesome and he has all the qualities of a chocolate boy(sorry aamir you are little old now for this title ). He has played his part very very naturally. And the guy can go far if he gets right roles.


The female lead Hazel, looks very cute and sweet. She has to improve her Hindi but its fine in the movie as she is shown to come from UK((milk and cookies anyone).

Both of them look very comfortable with each other and chemistry between them is very nice.


You have to mention the supporting actors. They have done a fine job. Ruslaan's mom and dad(played by Kanwaljit Singh), Hazel's mom, aunt, uncle and the good friend she makes in Paris. And finally the 3 members in guy's gang. All have done their part very sincerely.


One area where the movie could have been better was Music. There are not many songs in the movie, i think 2-3, but with this kind of film with no big names, a great music would have attracted the audiences to the theater.


I was little disappointed after watching the movie because it could have done better commercially by a word of mouth. Looking at the crappiest movies getting all the attention(Surooooor again), I really felt that this one deserved much better.


And guys, I guaren-damn-tee you that you will definitely remember your school days and that special girl in your Class whom you liked. Neeraj, Please dont tell anyone about it. OK??

Chinmay's Scale - ***

2 comments:

Neeraj Singhi said...

You are awesome, i always told you to start doing this... and finally... initially I thought what the hell is this... but i couldn't stop till last line...
BTW, i cannot stop myself by giving that name out... but i will say it in your words... name starts by E and ends by I...;) keep rocking man... looking forward to your reviews...

Anonymous said...

cool yaar....u shud have started this earlier..but better late than never :)