Friday, September 7, 2007

Gulti Movies - Am Loving It

It Started with Bommarillu, My First Gult(telugu) movie. And I absolutely loved it. After that I have seen as many as 3 more and here is my verdict.



Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana - I know. I know. The name is really difficult to pronounce. You can use the short version Nv Nv. This was recommended by my friend as he knew that I am a fan of Siddharth. Nv Nv has Siddhartha and Trisha in lead. Now for the regular Bollywood lovers this movie will offer nothing New. In brief it is Maine Pyaar Kiya till interval and Pyaar Kiya to Darna Kya after that. Funny thing was some of the scenes from both these movies have "Inspired" some of those in it. But well, I am a Siddhartha fan. I enjoyed the movie. Its a feel good time pass movie where you will kill your 3 hrs and feel good after that. Siddhartha is Good. Trisha is Ok(Nowhere near to my fav Genelia). Guy who played Trisha's brother did a good job. Prakash Raj never disappoints me. All in all a decent pop corn movie.




Athadu - My friend claimed this as his All time fav movie. This inspired me to go for Athadu. First things first. Mahesh Babu ROCKS. He is simply awesome. He is one of those guys who makes an average movie very very enjoyable. His style of dialogue delivery is superb. Action fantastic. Looks Amazing. And I am running out of Adjectives here. The story again is not path breaking in originality. I have seen atleast couple of movies with same story line. But still those didnt have Mahesh Babu. He plays an Assassin here, who gets framed for murder of a minister. He has to run and in the process lands up as a guy, who gets killed because of him. Familiar huh. Here Trisha does a better job than Nv Nv. Prakash Raj again is Excellent. Movie is excellent in Technical dept. Cinematography is really good. A perfect time pass movie with 100% Entertainment. Watch it and you will be added in the fan list of Mahesh Babu, the Prince. Did I say he ROCKS!!!




Pokiri - Two reasons to watch this movie. First is Mahesh Babu and second, this was the biggest hit of 2006 in Telugu movies. It is already remade in Tamil with Vijay in the lead and it was a hit. Its being remade now in Hindi with Salman in lead which I feel is a terrible casting mistake. Salman cannot do what is required in the movie. Perfect casting would have been Abhishek. Again nothing special about the story. But I just cant get enough of Mahesh Babu. This guy is Stylish. Leading lady Ileana is decent. Trust me when I say that after watching this one, you will become a bigger fan of Mahesh Babu. Guarren-Damn-Teed.

1 comment:

Indianoguy said...

Hey

Nice reviews. Try Mahesh's Okkadu, One of his best performances.