Saturday, August 11, 2007

Movie Review - Bommarillu


First of all I would like to thank my friend Anupam to suggest this movie to me. Thanks a ton dude. This is my first telugu movie and I was completely bowled over by it. Usually I was little sceptical with the regional language movies, tamil and telugu, thinking they wont be having much substance to them. But after seeing movies for both the languages, I have been proven wrong.

Bommarillu is a usual desi rom com movie, where guy meets the girl, family has some problems, they try something to resolve that problem and then there is happily ever after. Then what's different here. Difference is made by the performances of the lead pair. Siddhartha is improving with every movie he is doing. And nothing can stop me from saying this that this girl Genelia has the capacity to become Next Kajol. She is superb, amazing, sweet and i am running out of adjectives now. She truely deserves an award for this performance, which I believe she has already won. She is the soul of the movie. After you are done watching it one thing etched in your memory is name Hasini and her antics. One other thing which I noticed was the voice used for Genelia. Now I dont know whether it was she who dubbed her own dialogues or it was someone else. But whoever it may be, it was one of the sweetest voices I have heard in the movies in a long long time. She is coming in a hindi movie now and I just cant wait to see that one.

All in all its a feel good movie, in which after completing the movie you will surely have a nice smile on your face. So go for it.

Chinmay's scale - ***1/2

2 comments:

Beth Loves Bollywood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The movie was awesome. I am enamoured of genelia.

~Anupam