Thursday, August 2, 2007

Boys - Movie Review



First things first. None of the tamil girls I know like this movie. And all the tamil guys I know love this movie.

Boys start with the introduction of the 5 boys of the movie. And their common goal. Girls!!! And all of them are having some weird tarika of ladki patao. We have Munna(Siddharth), Babu Kalyan aka Bob Galy, Kumar, JuJu and Krishna. Movie begins with their adventures, some very weird of trying to be cool and getting a GF(they even sing abt it). Then enters Harini(Genelia), becomes friends with them, making Munna to fall in love with her. And Munna does the most outrageous thing I have ever seen in Indian films. See it to believe it. Then there are parents. Who as normal filmi maa baap, try to seperate the pair. Also in my 2 years in Chennai, how come I didnt see the girls shown in this movie. May be I lived in the wrong area. Ok back to the movie. What follows is the most unpredictable, fast paced screenplay I have ever seen. I bet you will never be able to second guess the movie. You wont know what will hit you. Ok. Story Sounds like that of a normal Desi movie. Then what the hell is so different about this one. Yes Boss It's Different.

The Music of the movie really really reallyyyyyyyy ROCKS. Hail A.R.Rehman for these wonderful songs. You wont need to understand tamil to like the songs. Almost all the songs are awesome though my favourite is the final song"Secret of Success". Music is the major factor that will make you like this movie.

Now we come to the captain of the sheep, Shankar. No one will deny that he has immense talent hidden in him. Well he made the biggest blockbuster of 2007 with Thalaivar didnt he. The story, I wont say is Amazing. But it has lot of twists and turns. Unpredictable I would say. That goes for Screenplay too. You can't imagine in your wildest dreams, what is going to come next. Also the climax is very smart. Movie, sometimes becomes silly but that's fine. Chalta hai.

In the acting department my fav was Genelia. She is cho chweet. So charming. So innocent. Look out for the scene where Munna goes to talk to her for the first time. See how she changes her expressions. Simply Mindblowing. Out of the 5 boys, Siddharth stands out. He has the meaty role. And we all know what he is capable of. Special Mention to Mangalam Sir(Vivek). He is one of those actors who makes me laugh just with his sheer presence. I dont have to understand a damn word he is saying. I wish he does some hindi movies. He is simply awesome in the movie.


Another fav character of mine in the movie is the Priest who sends Kumar to bring food from different temples. Really funny character. Information is Wealth ain't it.

This movie made me little nostalgic by showing Spencer plaza, Sathyam theater, Besant nagar beach, party with friends, ufffffff....Those golden days!!!


All in all I guess everyone should like the movie. Atleast the Music. Did I say Rehman sir Rocks....


Chinmay' scale - ***1/2

No comments: